Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring 2013 Homemade Food Swap


Spring Homemade Food & Product Swap
Have something special you like to whip up in the kitchen? Proud of your homemade soaps? Tired of eating all those jars of the same type of jam you made last fall? Up to your ears in eggs from your backyard chickens?
Come join other diy-ers for an afternoon of Homemade Food & Product Swapping.

This event will cap out at 20 swappers so everyone will be able to meet, sample, & swap in a comfortable, casual environment.

Sunday, April 14th 1-3pm
North Oakland (exact address given after successful registration)

Tickets are $5 each swapper.
This helps me cover some costs for materials and advertising for the event. It also insures people who sign up for a swap spot are serious swappers who will show up the day of the event.

Please remember to make a note in the checkout process of the items you plan on bringing and use an email address I can contact you at if needed. 
Want more info on what to expect at the swap? Check our our "How Food Swaps Work" page.

THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL NO MORE SPOTS AVAILABLE


6 comments:

  1. I'd love to be a part of this. Too bad you're using paypal :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hillary, I am just a single person who does this on my spare time. The $5 doesn't even cover all my costs but I do it because I love putting on these swaps and think they are important for the community & for making a dent however small in the waste stream our current culture creates.
      I understand not everyone has a paypal account, luckily paypal accepts credit card payments from people who do not have an account. They also offer the lowest fees out of all the options I researched so more of the $5 each person pays for the swap actually goes to the swap and not to the payment processors.

      I'm just a person doing this by my self with no help, just doing the best I can with what little resources I have.

      Delete
  2. Dear Girl on Bike,
    You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB and we really apprciate all of your effort. You are amazing and we are excited to join you! xoxo Larken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Larken, Your support is very much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. how many people do you have signed up already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jime, there are currently only 4 spots left for this swap.

      Delete